Led a ticket dive and content audit in an eSignature product area that generates support volume.
I wanted to audit our core product, eSignature, as part of my employee onboarding. To narrow the audit's scope, I planned a ticket dive. We manually sorted 800 support tickets and found that folks can't find envelopes.
Envelopes live under the Manage tab in eSignature. We looked each label, term, filter, and all the behavior that brings them together in that area.
We found inconsistent envelope statuses, folder names, and search filters. For example, only four or the 8+ standard folders include filters for envelope status. Those filters for envelope status only include 7 of 18 envelope statuses.
I used these audit results to help inform a critical product decision for DocuSign Notary.
Behind the scenes
Select screens from the spreadsheet I used to organize information about the audit.
Select screens from the presentation I made to advocate for information architecture changes.
Check out another project.